Golf in Hobart
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There are about 80 golf courses around Tasmania, and visitors are welcome to play on many of them. Greens fees range from A$10 for 9 holes at the smaller country courses all the way up to A$80 for 18 holes at the more exclusive, larger clubs. Accessibility may vary (for example, some courses may require that you be introduced by a member), so it's always best to check first by phoning ahead.
There are several excellent golf courses within the Hobart area, including
Claremont Golf Club. Claremont Golf Club 03/6249-1000. www.cgcgolf.org.au.
Tasmania Golf Club. Tasmania Golf Club is an 18-hole course and is two minutes from Hobart Airport. 03/6248-5098. tasmaniagolfclub.com.au.
Ratho Links. The 9-hole Ratho Links, about 75 km (47 mi) north of Hobart in the village of Bothwell, is the oldest in Australia and the second oldest in the world—and is part of a working farm. 03/6259–5628. www.rathogolf.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe