Fishing in Hobart
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tasmania's well-stocked lakes and streams are among the world's best for trout fishing. The season runs from August through May, and licensed trips can be arranged through the Tasmanian Travel and Information Centre.
Several professional fishing guides are based on the island. For information on these guides, as well as related tours, accommodations, and sea charters, check out www.troutguidestasmania.com.au or inquire at the Tasmanian Travel and Information Centre for a professional guide in the area you are visiting.
Rod & Fly Tasmania. Tasmania offers some world-class fishing, and if you'd like to catch some local trout in the region's wonderfully clear rivers, the friendly operator is a good choice for setting up an outing, with more than 30 years of experience. 35 Misty Hill Rd., Mountain River, TAS, 7109. 03/6266–4480. www.rodandfly.com.au.
Mr Flathead. If you fancy taking to the ocean to explore local fishing hot spots, check with this company that offers half- and full-day tours on which you'll find scores of flathead, whiting, and salmon. All rods, reels, and equipment are supplied. Dodges Ferry boat ramp, Tiger Head Rd., Dodges Ferry, Hobart, TAS. 0439/617–200. www.mrflathead.com.au.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's