Bicycling in Hobart
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Although most of Hobart and its surrounding areas are too hilly to make for easy cycling, some old railway lines along the western bank of the Derwent River (which are quite flat) have been transformed into bicycle paths. These offer a relaxing way to explore parts of the city. Electric bikes can be rented from the Henry Jones Art Hotel on Hunter Street.
Derwent Bike Hire. This is a reliable outfitter for renting bikes, which provide a fun way to get around the city, particularly via the old railway lines along the western bank of the Derwent River. Regatta Grounds, Queen's Domain, Hobart, TAS, 7000. 0428/899169 or 03/6260–4426. A$25 daily, A$140 weekly.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's