Hiking in East-Coast Resorts
Wineglass to Wineglass. This exceptional tour run by the Freycinet Lodge is a 8-km (5-mile) guided walk to Wineglass Bay and then on through pristine forests. The guide is not only informative about the area's history and local animals, he also whips up a mean cup of coffee and brings out morning cakes and biscuits. At the end of the walk you're led to a clearing, where a table beautifully laid out with a white tablecloth is laden with local crayfish and oysters as well as some fine local Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. You're then whisked back to the start on a boat, ending the trip in style. Freycinet National Park, Coles Bay, TAS, 7215. 03/6225–7016. www.puretasmania.com.au. A$380.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's