Hiking in East-Coast Resorts
Wineglass to Wineglass. This exceptional tour run by Freycinet Lodge is a 8-km (5-mi) guided walk to Wineglass Bay and then through pristine forests, and it would convert even the most vehement exercise-phobe. The guide is not only informative about the area's history and local animals, he also whips up a mean cup of coffee and brings out morning cakes and biscuits. At the end of the walk you're led to a clearing, where a table beautifully laid out with a white tablecloth is laden with local crayfish and oysters as well as some fine local Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. As if that weren't hedonistic enough, you're then whisked back to the start on a boat, ending the trip in style. www.puretasmania.com.au. A$380.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe