In the small village of Sheffield, 32 km (20 miles) south of Devonport, more than 30 murals painted on the exterior walls of local buildings depict scenes of local history. Similar to murals found at Chemainus, British Columbia, they were painted in the late 1980s and depict industries (farming, cement manufacture) that had been carried out over the previous century but were then in decline. The village isn't worth a special detour, but it's an adequate rest point on the way to Cradle Mountain.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
In a bid to compete with luxury cruise lines, Celebrity Cruises will launch “Suite Class” ... Read more
Crystal Cruises ships début in nine European ports this summer.... Read more
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more