Bass Strait Maritime Centre
Bass Strait Maritime Centre Review
This interpretitive center highlights the natural history of the Bass Strait and its many islands as well as showing exhibits that explore Devonport's development into a port city, the area's rich naval past, and the arrival and settlement of the early Europeans. Visitors can also spend time on the restored Julie Burgess ketch, the sole remaining Bass Strait fishing boat, on two-hour sailing trips into the Bass Strait every Wednesday and Sunday.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more