Discovery Holiday Parks, Cradle Mountain
At a Glance
- family-friendly and good-value accommodation
- free Internet access
- reception closes early
- most expensive spa cabins are overpriced
Check Rates from our Partners
Discovery Holiday Parks, Cradle Mountain Review
Near the forest at the northern edge of the park, Discovery Holiday Parks is the best budget accommodation in the area, with campgrounds, RV sites, four-bed bunkhouses with cooking facilities, and self-contained cabins with kitchens. Fees for tent and RV sites and bunkhouse rooms are per person, per night, and advance booking is essential for all accommodations. The tour desk can help you plan trips around the area.
- Address: 3832 Cradle Mountain Rd., Cradle Mountain, TAS, 7306 | Map It
- Phone: 03/6492-1395
- Website: www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au
- Location: Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- 38 unpowered sites, 10 powered sites, 75 bunkhouse beds, 36 cabins.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1331* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $3099 & up -- Australia & New Zealand 4-City, 12-Night Trip Qantas Vacations
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $2099 & up -- 8-Night New Zealand & Australia Escape w/Tours — $2,099 Qantas Vacations
· News & Features
A New York City judge has ruled against the use of apartments for "transient tenants," which includes ... Read more
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more