At a Glance
- personable hosts make you feel like family
- gourmet farm-to-table seasonal menus
- secluded feel yet easily accessible
- two-night minimum
- lunch not included
Check Rates from our Partners
Kingsford Homestead Review
Set in a historic 1856 homestead on a 225-acre authentic sheep station, Kingsford Homestead offers one of the Barossa Valley's most exquisite experiences. Seven luxurious suites, including one free-standing cottage, cater to just 14 guests. A stay requires a minimum of two nights—trust us, you'll want to stay longer—and includes generous country breakfasts, multicourse dinners, and drinks and canapés at sunset. It's the perfect base for exploring the surrounding wine country, though it wouldn't be hard to spend your entire stay on the property. Request a picnic lunch (for a small fee), and explore the surrounding hills and river gorges on foot. Indulge in the signature "outdoor bush bath," a gorgeous claw-footed tub for two set in the open air in a secluded corner of the property. Request a wine tasting in the historic stone cellar. Or just relax on one of two verandas and take in the magnificent views. Each room is individually decorated and features a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, L'Occitane bath amenities, and a mini fridge stocked with soft drinks.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I am planning a trip in early may for 10 days.
We are three people. me and my wife. age 30 and a kid 2.25 years
we have read a lot about 10 days itineraries Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more