Abbotsford Country House
At a Glance
- a serene and luxurious place to recover from all the wine tasting you will no doubt do, very welcoming hosts
- dining in the restaurant is expensive, health nuts might rue the lack of gym and leisure facilities
Check Rates from our Partners
Abbotsford Country House Review
Tranquility reigns at this property on 50 acres of rolling beef farm with Barossa views. Silence and blissfully comfortable beds with superhigh-thread-count Egyptian linens make drifting off easy. Collected antiques decorate the eight rooms, one of which has a jetted tub, another a deep, claw-foot enamel bathtub, and the rest double showers. All have complimentary port and chocolate. Relax in your room (TVs are available on request) or venture out to sit by the fireplace in the main house. The abundant, home-cooked breakfast, which uses local and farm-grown ingredients (some from the 600-plant vegetable and rose garden), will fuel you up for a day of exploring the valley.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
Two questions; We arrive in Melbourne this Friday morning, staying at the Langham. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more