At a Glance
- stunning rooms with beautiful private gardens
- extras like internet access are annoyingly expensive
- pool and spa could use a facelift
Check Rates from our Partners
The Louise Review
Prepare for pampering and privacy at this country estate on a quiet back road with glorious valley views. Step from your personal Mediterranean-style courtyard into a plush world of charcoal, chocolate, and cappuccino hues. There are wide-screen LCD televisions, wood-burning fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, and double-head rainwater showers in all suites; some also have a walled rear terrace with an outdoor shower. Appellation restaurant (reservations essential) serves sophisticated, innovative regional cuisine ($$$$) with both a nightly wine flight tasting menu and a la carte menu available.
- Address: Seppeltsfield and Stonewell Rds., Marananga, SA 5352 | Map It
- Phone: 08/8562–2722; 08/8562–4144 restaurant
- Website: www.thelouise.com.au, restaurant www.appellation.com.au
- Location: Marananga
- 15 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
"Cristeen, how long are you going to be in Sydney? Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more