Cleland Wildlife Park
Cleland Wildlife Park Review
A short drive from Mt. Lofty Summit brings you to delightful Cleland Wildlife Park, where many animals roam free in three different forest habitats. Walking trails crisscross the park and its surroundings, and you're guaranteed to see emus and kangaroos in the grasslands and pelicans around the swampy billabongs. There are also enclosures for wombats and other less sociable animals. Koala cuddling is a highlight of koala close-up sessions (daily 11–noon, 2–4). Monthly two-hour night walks (A$32 for adult, A$19.50 for children 3-14) let you wander among nocturnal species such as potoroos and brush-tailed bettongs. Private guided tours can be arranged for A$103 per hour weekdays, A$155 per hour on the weekends. Reservations 48 hours prior are essential for tours. The park is closed when there's a fire ban (usually between December and February).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors gives advice on how to travel by rail in Spai... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more