Aurora Ozone Hotel
At a Glance
- across the street from the penguin colony, friendly staff
- older rooms are old-fashioned, as is the breakfast
Check Rates from our Partners
Aurora Ozone Hotel Review
The original Victorian facade on this two-story 1920s hotel, directly opposite the new section across the road, hides surprisingly modern and spacious rooms that overlook Nepean Bay. The choicest accommodations, however, are in the newer adjoining wing. Lots of windows, flat-screen TVs, vibrant modern artworks, and some in-room whirlpool tubs make the new suites, townhouses, and Penthouse Apartments among the island's best. The huge bistro menu stars local seafood, and the wine list runs to 100 vintages, many of them local. There are daily wine tastings in the bar. The airport is a 15-minute drive away.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I've just reserved a limo for four of us in January from the airport to the Four Seasons. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more