Aurora Ozone Hotel
At a Glance
- across the street from the penguin colony
- friendly staff
- older rooms are old-fashioned, as is the breakfast
Check Rates from our Partners
Aurora Ozone Hotel Review
The original Victorian facade on this two-story 1920s hotel, directly opposite the new section across the road, hides surprisingly modern and spacious rooms that overlook Nepean Bay. The choicest accommodations, however, are in the newer adjoining wing. Lots of windows, flat-screen TVs, vibrant modern artworks, and some in-room whirlpool tubs make the new suites, townhouses, and Penthouse Apartments among the island's best. The huge bistro menu stars local seafood, and the wine list runs to 100 vintages, many of them local. There are daily wine tastings in the bar. The airport is a 15-minute drive away.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
Two questions; We arrive in Melbourne this Friday morning, staying at the Langham. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more