Southern Ocean Lodge
At a Glance
- superb restaurant, simple but stunning decor exudes luxury and class
- if you have to ask the price, you can't afford this place
- sophisticated surroundings are not really suitable for children, though kids over 6 years are welcome
Check Rates from our Partners
Southern Ocean Lodge Review
This truly remarkable hotel might be the highlight of your trip—if money is no object. Snaking along the edge of a cliff, this architectural masterpiece was made completely of recycled timbers and glass, and no expense was spared. All the luxury suites have fabulous coastal views, and the floor-to-ceiling windows in the bathrooms will entice guests to spend hours in the deep tubs. While luxury abounds, from the spa to island-inspired cuisine, the surroundings and wildlife are also divine. All food, wine, and tours are included in the (sky-high) tariff.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
DH and I will be heading to Australia in 6 short days. Read more
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
I am slightly confused about baggage transfer between these airlines. Read more
· News & Features
Seasoned bartender and restaurateur Bryan Dayton dishes out the best dining and imbibing bets in this... Read more
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more