Southern Ocean Lodge
At a Glance
- superb restaurant
- simple but stunning decor exudes luxury and class
- if you have to ask the price, you can't afford this place
- sophisticated surroundings are not really suitable for children, though kids over 6 years are welcome
Check Rates from our Partners
Southern Ocean Lodge Review
This truly remarkable hotel might be the highlight of your trip—if money is no object. Snaking along the edge of a cliff, this architectural masterpiece was made completely of recycled timbers and glass, and no expense was spared. All the luxury suites have fabulous coastal views, and the floor-to-ceiling windows in the bathrooms will entice guests to spend hours in the deep tubs. While luxury abounds, from the spa to island-inspired cuisine, the surroundings and wildlife are also divine. All food, wine, and tours are included in the (sky-high) tariff.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
After spending 2 - 3 weeks in Australia in October, we have one extra week before we fly home to Canada. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more