Kangaroo Island waters also offer arguably the best temperate-water diving in Australia. Divers can explore some of the more than 50 shipwrecks around the coast, and swim among corals, sponges, and fish. The beautiful leafy sea dragon is endemic to the island's north-coast waters.
Kangaroo Island Diving Safaris. If you're interested in day trips, live-aboard tours, or dive training courses, Kangaroo Island Diving Safaris is a good place to start. They promise interactions with seals and dolphins on most trips. RSD 451, Kingscote, SA. 08/8559–3225. www.kidivingsafaris.com.
Kangaroo Island Dive and Adventures. This company offers dives in unspoiled wilderness areas, shore-based dives in Kingscote, scuba lessons, tuna fishing adventures, and kayak rentals. 15 Kingscote Terrace, Kingscote, SA, 5023. 08/8553–3196. www.kangarooislanddiveandadventures.com.au.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Scuba Diving
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's