Kangaroo Island waters also offer arguably the best temperate-water diving in Australia. Divers can explore some of the more than 50 shipwrecks around the coast, and swim among corals, sponges, and fish. The beautiful leafy sea dragon is endemic to the island's north-coast waters.
Kangaroo Island Diving Safaris. Kangaroo Island Diving Safaris runs day trips, live-aboard tours, and dive training courses. They promise interactions with seals and dolphins on most trips. 08/8559–3225. www.kidivingsafaris.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Scuba Diving
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe