Wilpena Pound Resort
At a Glance
- quiet and peaceful rooms
- perfect for animal lovers
- campsites can be overrun with school groups
- permanent tents are overpriced
Check Rates from our Partners
Wilpena Pound Resort Review
You couldn't ask for a more idyllic and civilized nature outpost than this popular resort at the entrance to Wilpena Pound. Here are units (10 with kitchenettes); well-equipped, spacious motel-style rooms; backpacker rooms; and permanent tents (from A$75) and campsites (from A$21) with and without electrical hookups. Kangaroos laze on the lawn by the kidney-shape pool to a relaxing sound track of birds singing and chirping. A restaurant serves meals throughout the day, and you can stock up on goods at the small supermarket. The resort runs four-wheel-drive tours, guided walks, and scenic flights, and the visitor center is a major attraction.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
It's my daughter's birthstone so I want to bring her back a pendant from our trip to Australia; we'll be in Sydney, Melbourne, Palm Cove, and TAZ. Read more
· News & Features
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C. ... Read more
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When should you go?... Read more