- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Adelaide Shores Holiday Village
At a Glance
- very family-friendly, with plenty of activities for kids and well-planned family rooms
- bad choice for a romantic break, in peak season service levels drop
Check Rates from our Partners
Adelaide Shores Holiday Village Review
The breeze is salty, the lawns are green, and white sand is only a few lazy steps from this summery resort on the city's coastal fringe. The seldom-crowded beach beyond the dunes fronts a mix of raised two- and three-bedroom bungalows with private balconies (some have hot tubs), two-bedroom deluxe villas, standard holiday units with combined kitchen/lounge areas, and budget vans. Also on offer are eco-tents—a trendy and quite pampered way to camp. It's a 20-minute drive to the city, but the pools, many sports facilities, and barbecues are reasons enough to stay put.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
It's my daughter's birthstone so I want to bring her back a pendant from our trip to Australia; we'll be in Sydney, Melbourne, Palm Cove, and TAZ. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more