- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Adelaide Shores Holiday Village
At a Glance
- very family-friendly, with plenty of activities for kids and well-planned family rooms
- bad choice for a romantic break, in peak season service levels drop
Adelaide Shores Holiday Village Review
The breeze is salty, the lawns are green, and white sand is only a few lazy steps from this summery resort on the city's coastal fringe. The seldom-crowded beach beyond the dunes fronts a mix of raised two- and three-bedroom bungalows with private balconies (some have hot tubs), two-bedroom deluxe villas, standard holiday units with combined kitchen/lounge areas, and budget vans. Also on offer are eco-tents—a trendy and quite pampered way to camp. It's a 20-minute drive to the city, but the pools, many sports facilities, and barbecues are reasons enough to stay put.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I've just reserved a limo for four of us in January from the airport to the Four Seasons. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more