- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
North Adelaide Heritage Group
At a Glance
- historic properties in Adelaide's most upscale suburb, friendly owners give helpful tips on what to do
- some properties can be on the dark side, not child-friendly
Check Rates from our Partners
North Adelaide Heritage Group Review
Tucked into the city's leafy, oldest section, these 18 lodgings are stunningly unique. Antiques dealers Rodney and Regina Twiss have converted Heritage-listed mews houses, a meeting chapel, an arts-and-crafts manor house, and a fire station (complete with 1942 fire engine) into apartments and suites, and filled them with Australian antiques and contemporary furnishings. Each one- to four-bedroom unit has a bath or hot tub, sitting room, and kitchen, most complete with a milk-shake maker; all are charming. The Bishop's Garden apartment is the most luxurious and secluded spot in Adelaide, with a sophisticated kitchen and lounge opening into a private garden with a rock-adorned fish pool. American, lactose-free, kosher—any breakfast can be arranged.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
"Cristeen, how long are you going to be in Sydney? Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more