Nightlife & the Arts in Adelaide
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There's something going on every evening in Adelaide, although clubs are especially packed on weekends. Cover charges vary according to the night and time of entry. Nightlife for the coming week is listed in "Adelaide (Scene)," a pullout section of Thursday's edition of the Advertiser. Rip It Up is a free Thursday music-and-club publication aimed at the younger market. Onion, published fortnightly on Thursday, is Adelaide's top dance music magazine. dB, a twice-monthly free independent publication, covers music, arts, film, games, and dance.
Bars along Rundle Street, the west end of Hindley Street, and Gouger Street are trendy; head to North Adelaide for historic pubs with opens fires. North Adelaide's O'Connell Street buzzes every night, and the popular Sunday-evening beer-and-banter sessions really pack in the crowds. There are also a number of vibrant pubs on The Parade at Norwood, especially popular on a Sunday afternoon in the sun.
Browse Adelaide Nightlife
Browse Adelaide Nightlife By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's