Spectator Sports in Adelaide
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Venue*Tix. Venue*Tix sells tickets for domestic and international one-day and test (five-day) cricket matches, other major sporting events, and concerts. Shop 24, Da Costa Arcade, Grenfell St. at Gawler Pl., City Center, Adelaide, SA, 5000. 08/8225–8888. www.venuetix.com.au.
Bradman Collection Museum. Cricket season is October–March, and the main venue for interstate and international competition is the Adelaide Oval. Two-hour tours (A$10) of the Oval and the Bradman Collection Museum, dedicated to the legendary Sir Donald Bradman, depart weekdays at 10 am (except on match days and public holidays). Adelaide Oval, War Memorial Dr. and King William St., North Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, 5006. 08/8300–3800. 9:30-4:30 weekdays, closed weekends.
AAMI Stadium. Australian Rules Football is the most popular winter sport in South Australia. Games are played at AAMI Stadium. Teams play in the national AFL competition on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. The season runs March to August. Finals are in September. Turner Dr., West Lakes, SA, 5021. 08/8268-2088.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe