- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
WhiteWater World Review
Directly adjacent to Dreamworld, and under the same management, is the Gold Coast's latest thrill-seeker's theme park, WhiteWater World. Here you'll find state-of-the-art water rides including the Blue Ringed Octopus (BRO), a convoluted eight-lane racer slide; The Rip, Australia's biggest corkscrew-cored whirlpool; the dual-bowl Little Rippers ride; an inner-tube "aquacoaster" ride known as the Temple of Huey; and the Green Room, a 65-foot-high "tube" simulating the inside of a monster wave; and the mat-free 'doom drop' of The Wedgie. Small kids will enjoy Nickelodeon's Pipeline Plunge, an aquatic activity zone; deposit toddlers at shady, supervised Wiggle Bay, complete with mini waterslides and water cannons. Learn to surf before or after public park hours with Get Wet Surf School for only A$75, including photos, transfers and a guranteed board stand up. Beat the queues with a pre-booked Q4U device and early-bird entry. The park is close to Coomera rail station; from there, catch a Surfside bus to the park.
- Address: Dreamworld Pkwy., Coomera, QLD 4210 | Map It
- Phone: 07/5588–1111; 1800/073300
- Cost: A$46 park entry, A$109 2-day World Pass (2 entries each to Dreamworld and WhiteWater World; 2nd visits within 14 days)
- Hours: Daily 10–4; surf lessons Mon., Wed., and Sat; open nights 6:30 pm–10 pm in Jan.
- Website: www.dreamworld.com.au
- Location: Coomera and Oxenford
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I can't remember what thread we talked about this so am starting up a new thread.
Now that we are closer to our trip I know much more about our schedule while down around Sydney. It's not ideal, but i Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more