- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
WhiteWater World Review
Directly adjacent to Dreamworld, and under the same management, is the Gold Coast's latest thrill-seeker's theme park, WhiteWater World. Here you'll find state-of-the-art water rides including the Blue Ringed Octopus (BRO), a convoluted eight-lane racer slide; The Rip, Australia's biggest corkscrew-cored whirlpool; the dual-bowl Little Rippers ride; the Temple of Huey inner-tube "aquacoaster"; and the mat-free 'drop and loop' of The Wedgie. Small kids will enjoy Pipeline Plunge, an enormous aquatic tree fort, while under-5s are taken care of at shady, fully-supervised Wiggle Bay. Relax and let the current take you away in the Cave of Waves, or learn to surf before or after public park hours by booking into Get Wet Surf School (A$75, including photos, transfers and a guranteed board stand up). Beat the queues with a pre-booked Q4U device and early-bird entry. The park is close to Coomera railway station; from there, catch a Surfside bus to the park.
- Address: Dreamworld Pkwy., Coomera, QLD 4210 | Map It
- Phone: 07/5588–1111; 1800/438–938 Get Wet Surf School
- Cost: A$49.99 single entry (online); A$89.99 1-day World Pass (Dreamworld and WhiteWater World); A$99.99 Holiday Pass (unlimited entry to Dreamworld and WhiteWater World for 21 days).
- Hours: Mon.–Fri. 10–3; Sat.–Sun 10–4. Hours extended during Summer and School Holidays.
- Website: www.whitewaterworld.com.au
- Location: Coomera and Oxenford
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
My son & daughter in law are going to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane with 3 boys, ages 14, 12 and 9. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more