- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- fine dining, five-star service, free Internet
Check Rates from our Partners
Palazzo Versace Review
Sink into one of the sofas, armchairs, or circular banquettes in the sensational, recently-refurbished lobby, and watch the beautiful people walk by. The Italian fashion house lent its flair to this stunning hotel, the first of its kind in the world. The original marble-and-mosaic tiled floor and gigantic chandelier remain, but the ornate marbled columns have been reborn as sleek, cream, black-topped pillars offset by tropical foliage and opulent soft furnishings in turquoise and fuschia. Rooms in low-rise wings surround a lagoon pool edged with palm trees and a sandy artificial beach. Some have balconies with views over the Broadwater; others overlook the pool. Condos have full kitchens and laundries; some come with private plunge pools, barbecues, and marina berths. The signature restaurant, Vanitas, serves fine French-Mediterranean cuisine; Vie's contemporary Australian menu is a relaxed alternative; and Il Barocco does a terrific seafood buffet (A$82).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I've just reserved a limo for four of us in January from the airport to the Four Seasons. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more