- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Wet 'n' Wild Water World
Wet 'n' Wild Water World Review
Oxenford's Wet 'n' Wild Water World boasts magnificent, adrenelaine-pumping water slides; a wave pool with 3-foot-high surf; tandem, entwined-tube and family-friendly slides; and the new Surfrider that simulates the sensation of surfing the world's biggest waves, plummeting you 30 meters (over 100 feet) while you spin on a giant board. In the Extreme H20 zone, you can plunge down pitch-black spirals of water in the Black Hole, hang on through the churning Tornado, race your friends on the Mach 5, or survive the scary Kamikaze: a giant, U-shaped, friction-free slide with a near-vertical 11-meter (36-foot) drop. Enough aquatic thrills? Take it easy on Calypso Beach, a "tropical island" fringed with white-sand beaches, or relax in the rolling surf of the 3-million-liter Giant Wave Pool. Meanwhile, kids will love Buccaneer Bay: a pirate-themed aquatic playground with multiple levels. Select pools and slides are heated May through September, when days are often still sunny and warm. The park is ½ km (¼ mi) down the Pacific Highway from Warner Bros. Movie World.
- Address: Pacific Hwy., Oxenford, QLD 4225 | Map It
- Phone: 13/33–86; 07/5556–1660
- Cost: A$59.99 (online); VIP Pass $109.99 (unlimited entry to SeaWorld, Movie World, and Wet'n'Wild for 12 months).
- Hours: Oct.–Apr. 10–5, May.–Sept. 10–3:30
- Website: www.wetnwild.com.au
- Location: Coomera and Oxenford
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
Two questions; We arrive in Melbourne this Friday morning, staying at the Langham. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more