- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Binna Burra Mountain Lodge & Campsite
At a Glance
- beautiful setting and wildlife
- easy, interesting drive up mountain
- old-fashioned, communal atmosphere
- very basic meals for the price
- limited organized activities
Check Rates from our Partners
Binna Burra Mountain Lodge & Campsite Review
At the doorstep of Lamington National Park, this historic, eco-certified mountain lodge and campground is a birdwatcher's paradise, with sweeping views across Heritage-listed rain forest and more than 160 km (99 miles) of walking trails. Dating back to 1933, Binna Burra's rustic lodge rooms and log cabins are cozy, secluded, and simply furnished, with a deliberate absence of TVs, radios, telephones, and clocks. New luxury Sky Lodge suites and apartments—featuring spa baths, fireplaces, LCD TVs, fully self-contained kitchen and laundry facilities, and accomodation for up to 10 people—make a great option for groups and families. Budget travelers, meanwhile, can camp on-site in tents, powered vans, or furnished safari-style tents with verandas (A$55–$105 for 2–6 people). Activites include bird walks, spotlighting for nocturnal animals, bush tucker tours, rappeling, a Flying Fox zip-line ride, and free morning yoga classes. There's also a well-stocked library, gift shop, guest lounge, and quaint Lamington Teahouse, while the lodge's Clifftop dining room offers guests a communal dining experience and panoramic views over Coomera Valley.
- Address: Binna Burra Rd., Lamington National Park, via Beechmont, QLD 4211 | Map It
- Phone: 07/5533–3622; 1300/246–622
- Website: www.binnaburralodge.com.au
- Location: Gold Coast Hinterland
- 35 cabins (9 with shared bath), 3 studios, 5 apartments.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals, no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Bookiers be warned! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more