- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Binna Burra Mountain Lodge & Campsite
At a Glance
- good facilities and kids' programs
- gorgeous setting
- abseiling sites nearby
- multi-night minimum stays in peak periods
Check Rates from our Partners
Binna Burra Mountain Lodge & Campsite Review
Founded in 1933, this group of hilltop cabins has sweeping views across Heritage-listed rain forest and the Hinterland to the Gold Coast. Rustic lodge rooms and log cabins are cozy, secluded, and simply furnished, with a deliberate absence of TVs, radios, telephones, and clocks; heritage lodge guestrooms have shared bathrooms. Two luxury suites were built in 2007. Good-value packages include breakfasts, or all meals, guided nature walks, and other activities, plus evening entertainment. Budget travelers can camp on-site, in tents, powered vans, or furnished safari-style tents with verandas (A$55–$95 for 2–6 people). There's a cozy, well-stocked library and main guest lounge with log fires in winter. The Cliff-Top Dining Room has panoramic views over the Coomera Valley. Rejoove Health Spa offers beauty and massage treatments. Buy local arts and crafts, souvenirs, and essentials from the on-site shop.
- Address: Binna Burra Rd., Lamington National Park, via Beechmont, QLD 4211 | Map It
- Phone: 07/5533–3622; 1300/246–622
- Website: www.binnaburralodge.com.au
- Location: Gold Coast Hinterland
- 35 cabins (9 with shared bath), 2 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast, all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
As some of you may have noticed there's a "minor" cricket series coming up between Australia and England in Dec '13/Jan '14, which both DH and i would love to see some of; he would also like to do some Read more
· News & Features
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new ... Read more
Intergalactic photos of unbelievably beautiful star formations and swirling clouds above Earth's surface... Read more
The week after Thanksgiving means it's time to kick your planning mode into high gear.... Read more