Binna Burra Mountain Lodge & Campsite
At a Glance
- beautiful setting and wildlife
- easy, interesting drive up mountain
- old-fashioned, communal atmosphere
- very basic meals for the price
- limited organized activities
Check Rates from our Partners
Binna Burra Mountain Lodge & Campsite Review
At the doorstep of Lamington National Park, this historic, eco-certified mountain lodge and campground is a birdwatcher's paradise, with sweeping views across Heritage-listed rain forest and more than 160 km (99 miles) of walking trails. Dating back to 1933, Binna Burra's rustic lodge rooms and log cabins are cozy, secluded, and simply furnished, with a deliberate absence of TVs, radios, telephones, and clocks. New luxury Sky Lodge suites and apartments—featuring spa baths, fireplaces, LCD TVs, fully self-contained kitchen and laundry facilities, and accomodation for up to 10 people—make a great option for groups and families. Budget travelers, meanwhile, can camp on-site in tents, powered vans, or furnished safari-style tents with verandas (A$55–$105 for 2–6 people). Activites include bird walks, spotlighting for nocturnal animals, bush tucker tours, rappeling, a Flying Fox zip-line ride, and free morning yoga classes. There's also a well-stocked library, gift shop, guest lounge, and quaint Lamington Teahouse, while the lodge's Clifftop dining room offers guests a communal dining experience and panoramic views over Coomera Valley.
- Address: Binna Burra Rd., Lamington National Park, via Beechmont, QLD, 4211 | Map It
- Phone: 07/5533–3622; 1300/246–622
- Website: www.binnaburralodge.com.au
- Location: Gold Coast Hinterland
- 35 cabins (9 with shared bath), 3 studios, 5 apartments
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals, no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in The Gold Coast for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More