The Gold Coast Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Plan Your The Gold Coast Vacation
Three hundred days of sunshine a year and an average temperature of 24°C (75°F) ensure the popularity of the Gold Coast, the most developed tourist destination and one of the fastest-growing regions in Australia, with plenty of amusement complexes and resorts. Easter weekend and December through the last week of January and Australian school holidays are peak seasons. Around 80 km (50 mi)—an hour's drive—south of Brisbane, the Gold Coast stretches some 70 km (43 mi) from Labrador in the north to Coolangatta-Tweed Heads in the south, and has now sprawled as far inland as Nerang. It has around three dozen patrolled beaches and 446 km (277 mi) of canals and tidal rivers, nine times the length of the canals of Venice.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best The Gold Coast restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in The Gold Coast
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more