Coolum Surf School. Coolum Surf School is run by an expert surfer and local lifeguard who offers 90-minute group and private lessons as well as board and gear hire. It's the only surf school in the area: find it 50 meters north of Coolum Surf Lifesaving Club, next to the skate park. Coolum Boardriders Clubhouse, Tickle Park, David Low Way, Coolum Beach, Coolum, QLD, 4573. 07/5446–5279. www.coolumsurfschool.com.au. A$90 single, A$55 per person in a group of 4 or more; prices include gear. Daily, dawn–dusk, by appointment; Sat. 9–11 during school holidays.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe