Coolum Surf School. Coolum Surf School is run by an expert surfer and local lifeguard who offers 90-minute group and private lessons as well as board and gear hire. It's the only surf school in the area: find it 50 meters north of Coolum Surf Lifesaving Club, next to the skate park. Coolum Boardriders Clubhouse, Tickle Park, David Low Way, Coolum Beach, Coolum, QLD, 4573. 07/5446-5279. www.coolumsurfschool.com.au. A$90 single, A$55 per person in a group of 4 or more; prices include gear. Daily, dawn-dusk, by appointment; Sat. 9-11 during school holidays.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $3679 & up -- Australia: Outback Adventure w/Tours & Air Qantas Vacations
- Amazing Australia IExplore
- $1299* -- Auckland or Sydney R/T Air from LA w/2 Nts in Fiji — $1,299 PacificIslands.com
- Papua New Guinea & the Sepik River — $9,995 IExplore