Set along the calm waters of Laguna Bay at the northern tip of the Sunshine Coast, Noosa is one of Australia's most stylish resort areas. Until the mid-1980s the town consisted of little more than a few shacks: then surfers discovered the spectacular waves that curl around the sheltering headland of Noosa National Park. Today Noosa is a beguiling mix of surf, sand, and sophistication, with a serious reputation for distinctive, evolving cuisine. Views along the trail from Laguna Lookout to the top of the headland north of Main Street take in miles of magnificent beaches, ocean, and dense vegetation.
Noosa Heads at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe