The Spotted Chook & Amelie's Petite Maison
At a Glance
- delicious French-style country breakfasts included in tariff
- bicycles available for exploring the beautiful area, wheelchair-friendly cottage, ramps, and walkways
- two-night minimum stay on weekends
- no in-room Internet
The Spotted Chook & Amelie's Petite Maison Review
This newly-built Queenslander home has a delightful French provincial ambience. Four rooms and a self-contained cottage are furnished with a well-chosen mix of antique and handpainted modern furniture; most have chandeliers, sofas, fireplaces, and balconies. Each has sweeping views of the property's 110 acres of rain forest and the distant Obi Obi Gorge. The garden and its gazebo provide a tranquil haven. A three-course dinner (at A$75 per person) is available, and may include such delights as king prawns poached in orange juice, Parmesan-crusted snapper, rack of lamb, and crayfish risotto. The owners can also arrange in-house massages and drop-offs to the start of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland Great Walk. Call ahead to book the Snowpea Suite, which has a children's annex.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
DH and I will be heading to Australia in 6 short days. Read more
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
I am slightly confused about baggage transfer between these airlines. Read more
· News & Features
Seasoned bartender and restaurateur Bryan Dayton dishes out the best dining and imbibing bets in this... Read more
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more