Ettamogah Pub Review
This pub, whose name (allegedly, Aboriginal for "place of good drink") and quirky design are based on the fictitious pub made famous by Aussie cartoonist Ken Maynard, looms 18 meters (55 feet) over the Bruce Highway just north of Palmview (21 km north of Glass House Mountains). The much-photographed watering hole is open daily from 9 am–late, and features an upstairs bistro, a beer garden, and a bar, the former priding itself on traditional Aussie pub meals. Kitsch Australiana and Maynard's cartoons adorn the pub walls, and almost all furniture is constructed from wood logged on site. Make sure to pack your camera for this one!
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more