Australia Zoo Review
Made famous by the late Steve Irwin, Australia Zoo features all manner of Australian animals: koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, dingos, Tasmanian devils, snakes, and lizards—and, naturally, crocodiles. There are also otters, lemurs, tigers, red pandas, and a giant rainforest aviary. Daily shows feature crocs, birds of prey, koalas and more. There are also plenty of extras on offer that let you get up close and personal with the residents, including petting and hand-feeding red pandas (A$80), or getting cozy with cheetahs ($150) and rhinos ($80). Get around the park on foot or try the free, hop-on, hop-off mini-trains. Private guided tours are also available. A courtesy bus shuttles visitors to and from Beerwah station and the Sunshine Coast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
As i try to describe my quests from my memories i always try
not to think about what im about to share before i reach the keyboard. a moment before i start writing i just try to quick scan my Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more