Spicers Peak Lodge
At a Glance
- world-class restaurant with terrific wine list
- thoughtful, impeccable service
- new bed-and-breakfast option almost cuts rates in half
- all-inclusive package pricey, albeit worth it
- no public transport to lodge
Check Rates from our Partners
Spicers Peak Lodge Review
If you're looking for an exclusive, all-inclusive mountain retreat with an entire mountaintop to itself and the views to match, look no further. Accommodation is in luxuriously appointed suites, three with hot tubs, eight with stone fireplaces, and all with complimentary mini-bars. Warm, muted colours echo the stone, timber, tin, and glass of the architect-designed lodge. Nightly seven-course degustation dinners and cordon bleu breakfasts are a highlight. The focus here is on relaxation, helped along by blazing log fires, extensive lounge areas, a library with a billiard table, a telescope for stargazing, and an open bar. Guests keen to work off all that food and wine can do so in the infinity pool or on the sunken tennis court, mountain-biking trails, and a range of guided walks. For extra indulgence, there's also the luxury Spa Anise, which features massage rooms, a plunge pool, and a menu of beauty treatments, or take advantage of private helicopter transfers to the lodge.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
After spending 2 - 3 weeks in Australia in October, we have one extra week before we fly home to Canada. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more