Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort
At a Glance
- proximity to nature
- friendly, knowledgable staff
- few in-room modern conveniences
- limited leisure options for rainy, non-diving days
- minimum 3-night stay during peak times
Check Rates from our Partners
Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort Review
On this pristine reef island you're more like a marine biologist at an island field camp than a tourist enjoying a luxury resort. Linens are changed every third day, and rooms are simply furnished (though those on the beachfront are air-conditioned). Clearly, the eco-resort's focus is on simplicity, functionality, and conservation. There are four types of rooms: 2-bedroom beachfront island suites; reef and garden units with multiple bed configurations and private facilities; and permanent, powered safari-style tents. The Eco Resort goes to great lengths to protect its pristine environs: there's strictly no fishing; no souveniring coral. A free children's "reef ranger" program runs during Queensland and NSW school holiday periods. Dinner and breakfast, included in the room rates, are served buffet-style in the airy dining room, and may be enjoyed inside or on the covered veranda. It's hearty fare, with limitless tea and coffee. The upbeat staff encourages guests to mingle, with activities such as coconut bowling, pool games, and dress-up theme nights in the bar, daily guided walks, snorkeling trips, glass bottom boat tours and video/information nights.
- Address: Lady Elliot Island, QLD | Map It
- Phone: 07/5536–3644 (head office); 07/4156–4444 (resort)
- Website: www.ladyelliot.com.au
- Location: Lady Elliot Island
- 15 reef rooms, 6 garden units, 5 suites, 12 tents.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
"Cristeen, how long are you going to be in Sydney? Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more