Wilson Island Review
Only guests of the Heron Island Resort can visit uninhabited Wilson Island, a coral cay 15 km (9 mi) north of (and a 45 minute launch trip from) Heron Island. In January and February Wilson Island becomes the breeding ground for roseate terns and green and loggerhead turtles. The island also has its own exclusive, six-suite, premium tented resort, catering to a maximum of 12 guests (and no children under 13), with all meals included in the rate—from A$671 per tent, per night (more nights mean lower rates). Combination packages allow for nights at both Heron and Wilson islands, including meals. The island closes in February to protect nesting birds.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I can't remember what thread we talked about this so am starting up a new thread.
Now that we are closer to our trip I know much more about our schedule while down around Sydney. It's not ideal, but i Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more