Various diving options include a resort diving course for beginners, including training and one guided dive, for A$165 (subsequent dives, A$130). For certified divers it's A$65 per dive, and just A$45 per dive upward of four dives. Referral dive courses cost A$490. A full-day tour of neighboring islands including up to three dives among pristine reefs is A$360 per person (minimum six divers), including lunch and drinks. A half-day, two-dive trip is A$250. Dive charter packages are also available, and you can get a dive package with a two-day or longer stay, including five dives, for A$275.
For all dives, prebooking's essential, and gear costs you extra. Children under 7 aren't permitted on snorkeling trips, under-10s can't go diving, and under-14s must be accompanied by an adult (and if diving, must be certified).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe