- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service has an office on Magnetic Island, but Townsville Enterprise's Flinders Mall and Museum of Tropical Queensland (MTQ) information kiosks, on the mainland, are the best sources of visitor info about the island. The Mall kiosk is open weekdays 9-5, weekends 9-1; the Museum kiosk, 9-5 daily.
Townsville at a Glance
Elsewhere in Great Barrier Reef
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's