- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Several carriers—Virgin, Qantas, Jetstar—fly directly to Hamilton Island from Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane. Air Whitsunday provides one-way seaplane connections between Airlie Beach on the mainland and Hamilton Island from A$550 (four to six passengers); and to other island and mainland destinations and yacht moorings on request. They also operate snorkeling tours and scenic flights over the Great Barrier Reef. Aviation Adventures transfers visitors from Hamilton Island airport to Long, Daydream, Hook, Hayman, and South Molle islands via helicopter, on request. Fantasea makes the 35-minute journey between Shute Harbour and Hamilton Island Marina 10 or 11 times daily between 6:30 am and 5:25 pm for A$45 each way. Fantasea also has several scheduled daily services coinciding with incoming and outgoing flights that link Shute Harbour and Hamilton Island airport, via Daydream Island and/or Hamilton Island Marina, for A$49 each way.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's