Golf in Hamilton Island
Dent Island Golf Course. This Peter Thomson–designed championship course has sweeping Whitsundays views from all 18 holes. You can hire clubs, take lessons, and practice your swing on the golf driving range at the Hamilton Island–run complex, which incorporates a swanky clubhouse, pro shop, restaurant, and bar. Clubs, shoes, caddy services, and lessons are also available. Ferries to Dent Island depart all day from 7:30 am from Hamilton Island Marina; allow five hours to play 18 holes and half that to play nine. Prices include GPS-fitted golf carts and ferry transfers. Main St, Dent Island, Whitsunday Islands, QLD, 4802. 07/4949–9760. www.hamiltonislandgolfclub.com.au. A$180. 18 holes, 6692 yards, par 71.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's