- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Renegade Sports Fishing & Charters. The outer Great Barrier Reef offers world-class fishing for species including coral trout, mackerel, and tuna—and you have a better-than-average chance of landing one off the deck of a 38-foot flybridge game boat. Hamilton Island can arrange small-group sportfishing trips with Renegade Sports Fishing & Charters, with all equipment included. A full-day excursion is A$2,750 (private charter) or A$300 per person (shared); a half-day trip (8–noon or 1–5) costs A$1,750 (private charter) or A$190 per person (shared). Full-day tours also include morning and afternoon tea and a cheese/fruit platter at lunch. If time or your budget is tight, you can hire a dinghy for puttering about closer to shore. Organize it all through Hamilton Island's Tour Desk. D Arm, DWS berth, Hamilton Island Marina, Front St., Hamilton Island, QLD, 4082. 07/4946–8305 tour desk. www.renegadecharters.com.au.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's