- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Most folk are so busy getting on or under the water that they don't explore their island environs. But many Barrier Reef isles include significant tracts of national parkland, with trails often leading to or past spectacular views. Overcast days are perfect for trekking along island trails. Careful walkers may spot possums, goannas (iguanas), blue-tongued lizards, various birds, the odd wallaby, and nesting green and loggerhead turtles on beaches, in season. Carry a map, snacks, and plenty of water; wear a hat and sunscreen regardless of weather, and don't forget your camera.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's