Sights & Attractions in Great Barrier Reef
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Choice Sights in Great Barrier Reef
Airlie Beach Lagoon
This stinger-free swimming enclosure on Airlie's shorefront has...
|Sports Venues||Airlie Beach|
For divers and snorkelers, the usually crystal-clear waters off...
|Sports Venues||Lizard Island|
Fronting Cairns Harbour, this boardwalk is the focal point of...
|Promenades / Boardwalks||Cairns|
Mareeba Tropical Savanna and Wetlands Reserve
If you drive 70 km (44 miles) west of Palm Cove you'll encounter...
|Nature Preserves||Palm Cove|
Just 5 km (3 miles) outside Mossman are the spectacular waterfalls...
Reef HQ Aquarium
Come eye-to-eye with sharks, rays, giant trevally, and green...
|Zoos / Aquariums||Townsville|
Knowledgable marine biologists and conservationists give entertaining...
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
From the Skyrail terminal just north of Cairns, take a six-person...
This world-class wildlife sanctuary just off the Captain Cook...
|Zoos / Aquariums||Port Douglas|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's