- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bommie Restaurant Review
With sail-shaped tables, chic Eames chairs, and marina views, Bommie has a sophisticated, upmarket ambience and smart-casual dress code (collared shirts for men and no singlets, board-shorts or flip-flops). It proves the ideal setting for fine Modern Australian cuisine. Ravenous yachties might prefer to tuck into a tasty kangaroo fillet or a perfect seafood risotto. Leave space for tropically-inspired desserts; standouts include blood-peach soufflé and house-made sorbets. A private dining room seats up to 14 (minimum 24 hours' notice required). Book well ahead to secure a table on the deck.
- Address: Hamilton Island Yacht Club, Front St., Hamilton Island, Whitsunday Islands, QLD 4803
- Phone: 07/4948–9433; 13/3777 toll-free in Australia
- Hours: Daily, dinner 6 pm till late (last bookings 9 pm)
- Website: www.hamiltonisland.com.au/yachtclub/dining
- Location: Hamilton Island
- No lunch. Closed Sun.–Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Hi, I am planning a trip to Australia end of May for about 12 days. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more