- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bommie Restaurant Review
With sail-shaped tables, chic Eames chairs, and marina views, Bommie has a sophisticated, upmarket ambience and smart-casual dress code (collared shirts for men and no singlets, board-shorts or flip-flops). It proves the ideal setting for fine Modern Australian cuisine. Ravenous yachties might prefer to tuck into a tasty kangaroo fillet or a perfect seafood risotto. Leave space for tropically-inspired desserts; standouts include blood-peach soufflé and house-made sorbets. A private dining room seats up to 14 (minimum 24 hours' notice required). Book well ahead to secure a table on the deck.
- Address: Hamilton Island Yacht Club, Front St., Hamilton Island, Whitsunday Islands, QLD 4803
- Phone: 07/4948–9433; 13/3777 toll-free in Australia
- Hours: Daily, dinner 6 pm till late (last bookings 9 pm)
- Website: www.hamiltonisland.com.au/yachtclub/dining
- Location: Hamilton Island
- No lunch. Closed Sun.–Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Okay, so I suck at packing.And I mess it up both ways: either too much or not enough. I never get it right. We have 5 weeks OZ/NZ (!) with 3 days in Hong Kong on the way. Destinations include Sydney, Uluru, Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more