- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
On The Turps Bar & Restaurant
On The Turps Bar & Restaurant Review
At this open-air restaurant in the Daintree rain forest, wallabies, bandicoots, and musky rat kangaroos might join you at the table as you tuck into Mod-Oz-meets-Mediterranean food that highlights local, seasonal ingredients including fresh seafood, and wines from the well-stocked bar. On The Turps also does "tropical Continental" breakfasts and varied, good-value lunches, as well as leisurely morning and afternoon Devonshire teas. Arrive early for a dip in the creek, a rain-forest stroll, or a spa treatment.
- Address: Daintree-Cape Tribulation Heritage Lodge & Spa, Lot 236, R36, Turpentine Rd., 15 km (10 miles) north of Daintree River crossing Cape Tribulation, QLD 4873 | Map It
- Phone: 07/4098–9321
- Website: www.heritagelodge.net.au
- Location: Cape Tribulation
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
We are planning for our honeymoon during Christmas / new year time mostly from 23rd Dec till Jan 3rd 2015 in Australia. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more