- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Denison Star Review
The Denison Star, a magnificent 107-foot motor cruiser hewn from Tasmanian Huon pine, glides out of Hamilton Island Marina most evenings for a starlit dinner tour around the sheltered waters of the island. It's all very civilized: canapes and welcome daiquiris are served to a maximum 40 guests on the sundeck as night falls, then the boat moors in some scenic, secluded spot. You order three courses from a small à la carte selection, your complimentary bottle of wine is uncorked (extra bottles available for purchase), and the food duly emerges from the galley. Down a postmeal port, perhaps, and stargaze from the upper deck as you cruise back to base.
- Address: Hamilton Island Marina, Hamilton Island, QLD 4803
- Phone: 07/4946–8305; 13/7333
- Website: www.hamiltonisland.com.au or www.cruiseindigo.com.au
- Location: Hamilton Island
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
I've just reserved a limo for four of us in January from the airport to the Four Seasons. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more