- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hamilton Island Reef View Hotel
At a Glance
- good breakfasts (included with stays of four-plus days)
- in higher-floor rooms, beds face the views
- better-than-usual service
- lower-level rooms can be noisy
- pricey in-house food and drinks
- fee for in-room Wi-Fi
- cockatoos fly in open windows
Check Rates from our Partners
Hamilton Island Reef View Hotel Review
Only rooms on higher floors of this hotel live up to the name—those on the fifth floor and above have unbroken Coral Sea vistas, while rooms on lower levels overlook a landscaped, tropical garden and pool. All are comfortable, with private balconies, and free use of the resort's sports-fitness facilities and nonmotorized watercraft are included in the rate. Smartly refurbished rooms on the higher floors have neutral-toned soft furnishings, flat-screen TVs, and large bathrooms with dual sinks. One- and two-bedroom Terrace and split-level suites on the 17th, 18th and 19th levels have blond-wood dining settings and fantastic ocean views; the Terrace Suites and individually furnished Presidential Suites have private patios with barbecues and hot tubs. The latter also have private plunge pools. Guests get complimentary use of Hamilton's windsurfers, catamarans, paddle skis, and snorkeling gear as well as sports club facilities and return airport transfers. Family packages mean under-12s stay and eat for free in select resort restaurants. There's an on-site tour desk and, if you must work, a well-equipped business center.
- Address: 12 Resort Drive, Hamilton Island, Whitsunday Islands, QLD 4803 | Map It
- Phone: 02/9433–0444; 13/7333 toll-free in Australia
- Website: www.hamiltonisland.com.au
- Location: Hamilton Island
- 382 rooms and suites.
- Rate includes breakfast, no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
After spending 2 - 3 weeks in Australia in October, we have one extra week before we fly home to Canada. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more