- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa
At a Glance
- alfresco spa treatments
- luxe, house-made bathroom amenities
- lower rates with longer stays
- no kids under 6
- some rooms lack seclusion
- few rooms get Wi-Fi
- rooms (particularly bathrooms) are pretty basic for the price
- noise from public areas carries to rooms and spa
Check Rates from our Partners
Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa Review
Dozens of stars have taken time out at this 30-acre boutique eco-resort in the ancient Daintree rain forest; elevated boardwalks protect the fragile environs, linking the spa, heated pool, restaurant-bar-lounge-deck and 15 freestanding tree houses. Each tree house is equipped with ceiling fans, a king-size canopy bed, handcrafted wood furnishings, Aboriginal artworks, and satellite TV with free in-house movies. Some have balcony hot tubs. Julaymba Restaurant's tropical Australian menu (mains around A$30) incorporates local "bush tucker" ingredients. The Malone family and Aboriginal staff run a terrific activities program that includes bush-tucker walks, rain-forest safaris, indigenous art workshops, and cultural shows.
- Address: 20 Daintree Rd., 3 km (2 mi) past Daintree village, 110 km (68 mi)north of Cairns Mossman, QLD 4873 | Map It
- Phone: 1800/808–010 toll-free within Australia; 07/4098–6100
- Website: www.daintree-ecolodge.com.au
- Location: Mossman
- 15 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
Hi, Im going to be in Australia mid-February. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more