- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Daintree EcoLodge & Spa
At a Glance
- alfresco spa treatments
- luxe, house-made bathroom amenities
- lower rates with longer stays
- some rooms lack seclusion
- few rooms have reliable Wi-Fi access
- bathrooms are basic for the price
- noise from public areas carries to proximate rooms and spa.···
Check Rates from our Partners
Daintree EcoLodge & Spa Review
At this 30-acre boutique eco-resort in the ancient Daintree rain forest, elevated boardwalks protect the fragile environs and link the day spa, heated pool, restaurant, and 15 freestanding tree houses. Each tree house is equipped with ceiling fans, a king-size canopy bed, handcrafted wood furnishings, Aboriginal artworks, satellite TV with free in-house movies, and balconies with mosquito screens. Ten pricier banyans offer greater privacy and balcony hot tubs. Julaymba Restaurant's modern Australian menu (mains around A$35) incorporates local "bush tucker" ingredients, and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; there's an adjoining bar/lounge, a small gallery-gift shop, and a large dining deck. Activities here include Aboriginal-guided rain-forest walks, and half- and full-day coastal and rain-forest 4WD excursions with Aboriginal-owned Walkabout Adventures. Note that no kids under six are allowed at the resort.
- Address: 20 Daintree Rd., 3 km (2 miles) past Daintree village, 110 km (68 miles) north of Cairns Mossman, QLD 4873 | Map It
- Phone: 1800/808–010 toll-free in Australia; 07/4098–6100
- Website: www.daintree-ecolodge.com.au
- Location: Mossman
- 15 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Reception closed daily 5 pm–9 am.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Okay, so I suck at packing.And I mess it up both ways: either too much or not enough. I never get it right. We have 5 weeks OZ/NZ (!) with 3 days in Hong Kong on the way. Destinations include Sydney, Uluru, Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more