- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Daintree EcoLodge & Spa
At a Glance
- alfresco spa treatments
- luxe, house-made bathroom amenities
- lower rates with longer stays
- some rooms lack seclusion
- few rooms have reliable Wi-Fi access
- bathrooms are basic for the price
- noise from public areas carries to proximate rooms and spa.···
Check Rates from our Partners
Daintree EcoLodge & Spa Review
At this 30-acre boutique eco-resort in the ancient Daintree rain forest, elevated boardwalks protect the fragile environs and link the day spa, heated pool, restaurant, and 15 freestanding tree houses. Each tree house is equipped with ceiling fans, a king-size canopy bed, handcrafted wood furnishings, Aboriginal artworks, satellite TV with free in-house movies, and balconies with mosquito screens. Ten pricier banyans offer greater privacy and balcony hot tubs. Julaymba Restaurant's modern Australian menu (mains around A$35) incorporates local "bush tucker" ingredients, and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; there's an adjoining bar/lounge, a small gallery-gift shop, and a large dining deck. Activities here include Aboriginal-guided rain-forest walks, and half- and full-day coastal and rain-forest 4WD excursions with Aboriginal-owned Walkabout Adventures. Note that no kids under six are allowed at the resort.
- Address: 20 Daintree Rd., 3 km (2 miles) past Daintree village, 110 km (68 miles) north of Cairns Mossman, QLD 4873 | Map It
- Phone: 1800/808–010 toll-free in Australia; 07/4098–6100
- Website: www.daintree-ecolodge.com.au
- Location: Mossman
- 15 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Reception closed daily 5 pm–9 am.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
Two questions; We arrive in Melbourne this Friday morning, staying at the Langham. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more