Daintree EcoLodge & Spa
At a Glance
- alfresco spa treatments
- luxe, house-made bathroom amenities
- lower rates with longer stays
- some rooms lack seclusion
- few rooms have reliable Wi-Fi access
- bathrooms are basic for the price
- noise from public areas carries to proximate rooms and spa.</p><p>·</p><p>·</p><p>·
Check Rates from our Partners
Daintree EcoLodge & Spa Review
At this 30-acre boutique eco-resort in the ancient Daintree rain forest, elevated boardwalks protect the fragile environs and link the day spa, heated pool, restaurant, and 15 freestanding tree houses. Each tree house is equipped with ceiling fans, a king-size canopy bed, handcrafted wood furnishings, Aboriginal artworks, satellite TV with free in-house movies, and balconies with mosquito screens. Ten pricier banyans offer greater privacy and balcony hot tubs. Julaymba Restaurant's modern Australian menu (mains around A$35) incorporates local "bush tucker" ingredients, and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; there's an adjoining bar/lounge, a small gallery-gift shop, and a large dining deck. Activities here include Aboriginal-guided rain-forest walks, and half- and full-day coastal and rain-forest 4WD excursions with Aboriginal-owned Walkabout Adventures. Note that no kids under six are allowed at the resort.
- Address: 20 Daintree Rd., 3 km (2 miles) past Daintree village, 110 km (68 miles) north of Cairns, Mossman, QLD, 4873 | Map It
- Phone: 1800/808–010; 07/4098–6100
- Website: www.daintree-ecolodge.com.au
- Location: Mossman
- 15 rooms
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Reception closed daily 5 pm–9 am.
View deals in Great Barrier Reef for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More