- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Salsa Bar & Grill
Salsa Bar & Grill Review
This lively waterside restaurant is a Port Douglas institution. The louver-windowed interior is bright and beachy; the large wooden deck overlooking Dickson Inlet becomes an intimate dining area after sunset. Seafood, steaks, salads and light snacks grace the lunch menu; a tropical Modern Australian dinner menu includes kangaroo loin, smoked duck breast, eye fillet, herb-crusted barramundi, yellowfin tuna, a standout seafood linguine, and a house Jambalaya loaded with yabbies (local crayfish), tiger prawns, squid, and even crocodile sausage. There's an extensive Antipodean wine list, and happy hour comes daily between 3 and 5, just right for a tropical daiquiri or two. Pre-booking is strongly advised.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
And what a magnificent spectacle it is!
Sydney is hosting the International Fleet Review, with over 40 warships, smaller vessels and a stack of Tall Ships from all over the world in our sparkling Harbour. Read more
It's been a very long term and it's really cold at home so we decided to seek out a few days of warmth to recharge our batteries. Read more
We are planning a drive from Broome to Perth in June. Read more
· News & Features
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation tha... Read more
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing.... Read more
Last week, JW Marriott Hanoi debuted in Hanoi, Vietnam, following in the footsteps of two other JW Marrio... Read more