- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Silky Oaks Lodge
At a Glance
- lovely spa
- free Wi-Fi in public areas
- top-notch food
- French press coffee at breakfast
- no in-room Internet
- steep paths to some rooms (though you can call for a buggy pickup)
- occasional critters
- access road can flood after heavy rain
Check Rates from our Partners
Silky Oaks Lodge Review
Cocooned in national parkland, this Advanced Ecotourism–certified hotel ha luxe tree houses and suites clustered around an expansive open-sided lodge, day spa, and lagoon pool. All accommodations have tropically inspired furnishings in rosewood and oak, mini-bars, aromatherapy-oil burners, and balconies. Pricier tree houses and suites come with polished timber floors, large hot tubs, rain-forest showers, and bigger balconies with hammocks and daybeds. The Lodge's open-sided Tree House bar and restaurant serves gourmet breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. Full breakfasts and a raft of activities (river snorkeling, bicycles, tennis, and, in season, guided walks and yoga) are included in the price. The tour desk can arrange excursions by horseback, helicopter, or hot-air balloon, as well as cruises, Aboriginal-guided rain-forest walks, and adventure activites.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Day 5 - Bye-bye Hong Kong, hello OZ!
After checking in at the airport, we had about an hour or so to spare so after negotiating passports and security without too many problems, [DH is always one of those Read more
Some photos from this year's weirdly wonderful Sculptures by the Sea at Cottesloe Beach, Western Australia.
The exhibit runs through March Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more