- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Daydream Island Resort and Spa
At a Glance
- classy spa
- fun activities, notably the mini-golf and outdoor movie screenings
- snorkeling off Lovers' Cove
- teeming with kids
- food lackluster
- steep fees for kids' club, babysitting, and in-room Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
Daydream Island Resort and Spa Review
Colorfully decorated, with whimsical touches—starfish-and-shell-embedded toilet seats, mermaid and dolphin statues, a giant chess set, and outsize marine mobiles and murals—this family-focused resort has youthful, cheerful staff; kids' facilities; and numerous public facilities, including a lovely day spa. Condo-style garden- or ocean-view rooms and suites have cane and blond-wood furniture, beachy color schemes, and cream-tile floors, and all but a few have balconies. All are air-conditioned and equipped with flat-sceen TVs and minibars. Complimentary resort activities include nightly live music and outdoor movies on a 44-foot screen; rain-forest walks and scavenger hunts; sporting activities such tennis, beach volleyball, and aqua-aerobics.and daily fish-feeding at the ocean-fed "living aquarium" that meanders through the grounds. Use of the resort's gym, tennis courts, and nonmotorized water-sports equipment are also free. The tour desk can arrange offshore excursions like reef-diving trips, flights, and catamaran cruises to Whitehaven beach. The Australiana-theme 19-hole miniature-golf course at the island's southern end is bargain-priced hilarity. Buffet breakfasts are included in most room packages. For a fee, child care is available.
- Address: Lot 1, Daydream Island Rd., Daydream Island, Whitsunday Islands, QLD 4870 | Map It
- Phone: 07/3259–2350; 1800/075–040 toll-free in Australia
- Website: www.daydreamisland.com
- Location: Daydream Island
- 280 rooms, 9 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Which bus tours of GrayLine took you to the most beautiful and scenic places? Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more