- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Daydream Island Resort and Spa
At a Glance
- classy spa
- fun activities, notably the mini-golf and outdoor movie screenings
- snorkeling off Lovers' Cove
- teeming with kids
- food lackluster
- steep fees for kids' club, babysitting, and in-room Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
Daydream Island Resort and Spa Review
Colorfully decorated, with whimsical touches—starfish-and-shell-embedded toilet seats, mermaid and dolphin statues, a giant chess set, and outsize marine mobiles and murals—this family-focused resort has youthful, cheerful staff; kids' facilities; and numerous public facilities, including a lovely day spa. Condo-style garden- or ocean-view rooms and suites have cane and blond-wood furniture, beachy color schemes, and cream-tile floors, and all but a few have balconies. All are air-conditioned and equipped with flat-sceen TVs and minibars. Complimentary resort activities include nightly live music and outdoor movies on a 44-foot screen; rain-forest walks and scavenger hunts; sporting activities such tennis, beach volleyball, and aqua-aerobics.and daily fish-feeding at the ocean-fed "living aquarium" that meanders through the grounds. Use of the resort's gym, tennis courts, and nonmotorized water-sports equipment are also free. The tour desk can arrange offshore excursions like reef-diving trips, flights, and catamaran cruises to Whitehaven beach. The Australiana-theme 19-hole miniature-golf course at the island's southern end is bargain-priced hilarity. Buffet breakfasts are included in most room packages. For a fee, child care is available.
- Address: Lot 1, Daydream Island Rd., Daydream Island, Whitsunday Islands, QLD 4870 | Map It
- Phone: 07/3259–2350; 1800/075–040 toll-free in Australia
- Website: www.daydreamisland.com
- Location: Daydream Island
- 280 rooms, 9 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Ok, quick review. Read more
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
Okay, so I suck at packing.And I mess it up both ways: either too much or not enough. I never get it right. We have 5 weeks OZ/NZ (!) with 3 days in Hong Kong on the way. Destinations include Sydney, Uluru, Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more