- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Daintree Tours by Deluxe Safaris. This operator conducts day-long, well-guided trips in top-of-the-line 4WD vehicles and custom-built trucks. Visit the Atherton Tablelands, Mossman Gorge, and Cape Tribulation (A$185) or take the rugged track to Bloomfield Falls (POA). All safaris stop for guided walks, swims, and croc-spotting cruises, and visit the Daintree Ice Cream Factory if time permits. You can also arrange a day-long private wildlife-spotting charter to the Outback, west of Mareeba. Ample lunch and refreshments, included in all excursions, ensure you keep your strength up. Port Douglas pick-ups and drop-offs make the early-morning starts simple. Shop 3A, 23 Warner St., Port Douglas, QLD, 4877. 07/4099–6406 or 1800/005–966. www.deluxesafaris.com.au.
Reef and Rainforest Connections. This long-established, eco-friendly operator offers day trips to Kuranda's attractions, including the historic Scenic Railway, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, and the Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park or Rainforestation (A$155-A205); excursions to Cape Tribulation, the Daintree rain-forest, and Mossman Gorge; and Great Barrier Reef cruises with Quicksilver. The company also runs excursions to Cape Tribulation, the Daintree, and Mossman Gorge, and Great Barrier Reef cruises with Quicksilver Connections. 40 Macrossan St., Port Douglas, QLD, 4877. 1300/780–455 reservations; 07/4035–5566 administration. www.reefandrainforest.com.au.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe