- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ocean Safari. Eco-certified Ocean Safari runs half-day small-group tours that include snorkeling two pristine sites on the Great Barrier Reef, just half an hour's thrilling motorboat ride off Cape Trib Beach. Well-chosen sites on magnificent Mackay and Undine reefs teem with "Nemos" (clown anemone fish), turtles, rays, barracuda, potato cod, giant clams, nudibranchs, and an astounding array of corals. A maximum of 25 passengers and a rigid inflatable boat (with covered seating area and bathroom facilities) help make everyone comfortable. Expert guidance, wet suits, snorkeling gear, and EMC (reef) tax are included in the price; you can buy soft drinks, chocolate, and underwater cameras on board. Transfers from Cow Bay are A$10; pickups from Cape Trib accommodations are free. From The Boardwalk Cafe, opposite PK's, Cape Tribulation Rd., Cape Tribulation, QLD, 4873. 07/4098–0666. www.oceansafari.com.au. A$123. Daily 9–12:30 and 1–4:30, weather permitting.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Reef Tours
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's