- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Set dramatically at the base of Mt. Sorrow, Cape Tribulation was named by Captain James Cook after a nearby reef snagged the HMS Endeavour, forcing him to seek refuge at the site of present-day Cooktown. Today the tiny settlement, little more than a general store and a few lodges, is the activities and accommodations base for the surrounding national park.
Cape Tribulation at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's